Our contact details
Name: Edinburgh Horror Festival
Charity Address: 127 Niddrie Mains Drive, Edinburgh, EH16 4RP
Charity Number: SC051661
The type of personal information we collect:
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
• Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data may include internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website .
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Special Category Data:
We want to ensure we are a festival that represents people of many diverse backgrounds. The information you provide is voluntary and will not be a determining factor in show offers, but allows us to see how our line up reflects society. This information will be kept confidential and private, except where permission is granted, and deleted within one calendar month of completion of the festival if accepted, or by end of the calendar month after submissions close if your show is not accepted.
If you are a participant in Edinburgh Horror festival, we may also collect the following sensitive data:
• Health Data
• racial or ethnic origin
• sexual orientation
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• When you purchase tickets to one of our events or an event for which we are a co-promoter, we will receive your information from ticket agents used. This can include your name, contact details and ticket purchase information such as number of tickets bought.
• When you apply to participate with Edinburgh Horror festival we will receive your information including but not limited to contact details , accessibility requirements, Financial information for payments and invoices
Legal Basis for using your information:
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
e.g. where you have given us your consent to send you promotional materials or you have provided special category data such as accessibility information.
(b) We have a contractual obligation
e.g. It is necessary for us to process the data to fulfil the terms and conditions of our agreement with you
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
e.g where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Where we use legitimate interest as our lawful basis to process your personal data, we will ensure that our legitimate interests are proportional and do not compromise your personal data rights
How we store your personal information:
The information we have access to is securely stored in digital systems. We wipe personal data from our systems at the end of each financial year.
Use of Photography and videography
We use a photographer and/or videographer to take still and moving images of Edinburgh Horror Festival affiliated performances. Some of the resulting images are used as promotional materials. Where possible we take every measure to ensure the subjects of the photographs or recordings grant permission for the image/s to be used by us. Should you believe that an image should not be used for any valid reason please contact us and we will remove it.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk